When you’re dealing with a serious injury, we understand how stressful life can be. You have expenses to pay, a potential loss of income, and pain and suffering, all resulting from someone else’s carelessness. You should be aware that you have legal possibilities for receiving compensation for your pain and suffering.
Your personal injury lawyer Oakland CA, will fight tirelessly on your behalf so that you may concentrate on your health and recovery. They’ll gather evidence, develop your claim, and represent you in negotiations with the insurance company. And we’ll keep you informed about your claim throughout the process.
Why Do You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer In Oakland?
Oakland has about 400,000 people, many of whom work at the Port of Oakland, the principal port in the San Francisco Bay area. The city has a greater than average incidence of maritime accidents and injuries due to the large number of citizens involved in the transportation and distribution of products by ship.
Around 200 nautical injuries occur each year, putting seafarers, harbor workers, dockers, and other maritime workers out of commission for more than a week.
Injury Statistics of Oakland
Oakland is also the county seat of Alameda County and the largest city in the San Francisco Bay area’s East Bay. It has a population of 419,267 people, making it the 45th largest city in the country. Several major highways pass through and surrounding Oakland, adding to the city’s traffic congestion.
Vehicle collisions are sure to happen in such a crowded place. Here are some of the most recent vehicle accident statistics for Oakland, Alameda County, and the entire state:
- According to a report by the OTS, 3,178 persons died or were injured in auto accidents in Oakland in 2015. About 235 motorcyclists, 210 bikers, and 340 pedestrians were among the victims.
- In Oakland, alcohol was involved in at least 244 fatal or injury incidents in 2015. Four of the accidents involved drivers who were under the age of 21.
- Speeding was involved in 624 fatal and injury crashes in Oakland in 2015, 464 of which were hit-and-runs, and 371 of which occurred at night.
- In 2015, 9,867 people were injured or killed in automobile crashes in Alameda County. Alcohol was involved in at least 890 of these injuries/deaths. In the same year, there were 2,523 speed-related injury and death collisions recorded.
- In 2016, the state of California had 3,623 road fatalities. There were over a thousand more deaths in 2011 than in 2010. (2,720). Alcohol-impaired drivers were responsible for 1,059 of the fatalities, while speeding was responsible for 1,056.
What Happens If You Get Into An Accident?
Following an automobile accident, several things occur. Officers make reports, witnesses assemble, insurers begin the claims procedure, and relatives receive phone calls. Many of the people we represent, unfortunately, do not see the early aftermath of an event.
Accident victims are frequently sent to hospitals, where they may stay for days or weeks at a time. Nothing is the same once they leave the Alameda County Medical Center, Eden Medical Center, or another hospital in the vicinity as it was before the tragedy.
In addition to dealing with a serious and debilitating injury, many victims frequently face financial difficulties. Relationships may become strained, and work may become impossible.
Victims of catastrophic injuries may have to relearn basic life skills for months. When all of these consequences occur due to an irresponsible driver’s behavior, your attorneys step in to assist.
Legal issues can be taken care of by an expert personal injury lawyer in Oakland, CA. Allow the lawyer to take care of filing paperwork, meeting deadlines, gathering evidence, and building your case instead of you.
Your case will be handled by a full team of attorneys and paralegals at a law firm. You can focus on getting healthier so you can return to work while they work on earning you a fair insurance payout or personal injury verdict. With a lawyer handling your claim, you can relax and enjoy your entire peace of mind.
Retaining an attorney is the best way to make Oakland’s automobile accident regulations work to your advantage.