Nagpur is the third-largest city in India and an emerging metropolis. It is becoming a new hub of the education system, consisting of renowned schools, colleges, private institutes, engineering colleges and management institutes. Management skills and a postgraduate degree have become prerequisites to succeed in today’s competitive world.
An MBA degree helps a candidate enhance managerial expertise and develop excellent organisational and communication skills and add technical knowledge to any job. A lot of businesses watch out for the best MBA graduates and offer attractive packages to them.
MBA is one of the most preferred postgraduate programmes in Nagpur and this 2-year program serves as a gateway for numerous job opportunities. Most institutions shortlist their applicants based on their academic performance, work experience and exam results. The shortlisted applicants may need to go through Written Ability Test (WAT), Personal Interview (PI) and Group Discussion (GD) round.
If you have been considering doing an MBA or Master of Business Administration in Nagpur to enhance your career prospects, then here are the best MBA colleges in Nagpur.
How many MBA colleges are located in Nagpur?
There are private, public/government and public-private MBA Colleges in Nagpur. 13% are public or government-owned, 81% are privately owned and 6% are public-private colleges.
There are approximately 62 MBA Colleges in Nagpur and they offer diverse specialisations. Sales and Marketing are the most popular choices followed by Human Resources and Finance.
|IIM NAGPUR – Indian Institute of Management
|G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology
|IMT Nagpur – Institute of Management Technology
|Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management
|IMT Nagpur – Institute of Management Technology
|ITM Institute of Management and Research, Nagpur
|Central Institute of Business Management Research
|RCOEM Nagpur – Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management
|TIME Nagpur – Tirpude Institute of Management Education
|Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies
|RTMNU Nagpur – Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research Nagpur
|G S College of Commerce and Economics
|Central India Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur
|GH Raisoni School of Business Management, Nagpur
|Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Institute of Management Technology
|Dhananjayrao Gadgil Institute of Cooperative Management, Nagpur
|Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
|Department of Business Management – Nagpur University
|Dhanwate National College, Nagpur
|GHRCE Nagpur – GH Raisoni College of Engineering
|DMIMS Nagpur – Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies
|NIT Graduate School of Management, Nagpur
|CP and Berar ES college, Nagpur
|GH Raisoni Institute of Management and Research, Nagpur
|GNIET Nagpur – Guru Nanak Institute of Engineering and Technology
|Central Institute of Business Management Research and Development, Nagpur
|JIT Nagpur – Jhulelal Institute of Technology
|JD College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
|Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Institute of Management Technology and Research, Nagpur
|Shantiniketan Business School, Nagpur
|Shri Ramdeobaba Kamla Nehru Engineering College Nagpur
|SRPCE Nagpur – Sanmarg Shikshan Sanstha Smt Radhikatai Pandav College of Engineering
|Central India College of Business Management and Studies Nagpur
|Vilasrao Deshmukh College of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
|Govindrao Wanjari College of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
|Govindram Seksaria College of Commerce, Wardha
|Tirpude College of Social Work, Nagpur
|Tuli College of Hotel Management, Nagpur
|Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan College of Business Management, Nagpur
Which are the best colleges to pursue an MBA course in Nagpur based on placements?
NIRF rankings are based on annual data. The professional practices, learning resources, graduation rate, research and the institution’s overall reputation influences ratings and rankings. According to the NIRF rankings, India Institute of Management, Nagpur, and Indian Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur, have the top NIRF rankings.
Here is the list of best colleges to pursue an MBA course in Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Nagpur (IIM): IIM Nagpur is considered among the top public business schools in India and one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management in India. CAT/GMAT are accepted entrance exams. The cut-off is around 90 percentile for 2-year programmes. The selection process takes into account the candidates’ past academic performance, CAT performance and work experience, written ability test and personal interview. The course fee is around ₹11.5 lakhs. The institute is known for its 100 percent placement record every year.
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur: IMT is an autonomous private institute that is considered one of the top B-schools in Nagpur after IIM Nagpur. It is recognised by AICTE and MHRD and accredited by NBA. CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT are accepted entrance exams for admission. The selection process includes entrance exam scores, written ability test, group discussion, past academic performance, personal interview and work experience. It offers a 2-year postgraduate program in finance, marketing and management. The course fee is approximately ₹12 lakhs for 2 years. PGP students are offered an average annual salary of ₹7.5 LPA.
- Central Institute of Business Management Research & Development – CIBMRD is a private institute with Nagpur University affiliation. It is approved by AICTE and considered among the best B-schools in Nagpur. CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA are the accepted entrance exams. The fee structure is approximately ₹2.3 lakhs for two years. It offers an average salary of around ₹3.6-4 LPA.
- GS College of Commerce and Economics – This is an AICTE-accredited college and considered among one of the top B-schools in Nagpur. MAH-CET and other entrance exams are accepted along with a 50 percent score in graduation. The course fee is approximately ₹2 lakhs.
- SIBM Nagpur – Symbiosis Institute of Business Management is UGC-accredited and among the top business schools in Nagpur. SNAP + WAT + GE + PI is the selection criteria. Min 50% in graduation and 45% for the reserved category is required. The fees for Indian Students is ₹14,50,000 and for international students, it’s ₹ 22,40,000.
- Real Institute of Management and Research Nagpur – This University is affiliated with Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU). It offers MBA courses in 5 specialisations. MAH-CET and other MBA entrance exams are accepted. Annual year fees is ₹1 lakh.
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research – This University is affiliated with Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. It offers MBA courses in 6 MBA specialisations. CAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ ATMA or XAT are accepted entrance exams. The course fee is approximately ₹1.5 lakh per annum.
- Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies – It is affiliated with Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur and AICTE recognised. It is a private autonomous Institute and CAT is accepted as the entrance exam. The course fee is approximately ₹1.40 lakh per annum.
- G.H Raisoni School of Business Management – It is recognised by UGC, accredited with NAAC B ranking and approved by AICTE. CMAT/CAT/MAT/ATMA are the accepted entrance exams. 50% in graduation for general category and 45% for reserved category is required. The course fee is approximately ₹1.10 lakh per annum.
- Central Institute of Business Management Research and Development – It is affiliated with Nagpur University and approved by AICTE New Delhi. It is considered among the top B-schools in Nagpur. It offers a comprehensive MBA course with intensive specialisation. 50% marks in graduation is valid along with MAH-MBA/ MMS-CET/CAT/JMET/MAT/XAT/ATMA score. The course fee is approximately ₹1.20 lakh per annum.
What is the eligibility criteria for MBA courses in Nagpur?
The eligibility criteria for MBA courses in Nagpur differ from one college to another. But there are a few fundamental requirements for admission:
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent degree from any recognised university
- Average or minimum score of 50% for graduation, and 45% for the reserved category
- Entrance Exams – CAT, CMAT, MAH-CET, MAT
- Shortlisted candidates will have to go through Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
What are the fees for MBA in Nagpur?
MBA courses in Nagpur are affordable with a fee structure ranging between ₹1 to 15 lakh depending on the institution.
Some of the MBA colleges in Nagpur have a total course fee between ₹1-2 lakh are given below.
- Jhulelal Institute of Technology
- KDK College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Nagpur Institute of Technology
- S.B. Jain Institute of Technology, Management and Research
- CP and Berar College
- Department of Business Management – Nagpur University
- Dhanwate National College
Total Course fees of ₹2-3 lakhs
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management
- Central Institute of Business Management Research and Development
- G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Datta Meghe Institute of Management
Total Course fees of ₹3-5 lakhs
- Orange School of Business
- Octave Business School
Total Course fees of ₹10 – 15 lakhs
- IMT Nagpur
- IIM Nagpur
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Symbiosis International, Nagpur
What are the specialisations offered for MBA courses in Nagpur?
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Business Analytics
- Agriculture and Food Business
- IT and Systems
- Business Economics
Which are the top recruiters for MBA courses in Nagpur?
Top companies in India have an eye for the best MBA graduates around India. Colleges in Nagpur offer one of the best MBA courses with excellent placement offers. Here is the list of top recruiters.
- Deloitte Consulting
- ICICI Bank
- MI Xiaomi
- Accolite Digital
- BNY Mellon
- Dell Technologies
- Axis Bank
- IBM Concentrix
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- HDFC bank
- Tech Mahindra
- SBI Life
- Just Dial
- HDFC Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Indus Valley Partners
Sunstone is a higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employment. Sunstone provides career-focused training facilities for undergraduate and postgraduate students at leading 50+ institutions around 35+ cities.
Sunstone’s excellent training programs are sanctioned to enhance employability. These important programs are tailored for hybrid delivery with an unprecedented emphasis on soft skills and the development of personality. The focus of Sunstone is to bestow students with a composite educational experience.