Profhilo is a dermal filler that the FDA has approved as an injectable facial cosmetic treatment that treats moderate to severe forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet. Some of the main benefits of getting injections for Profhilo in Singapore include;
- A more youthful appearance: Profhilo can help to improve your skin’s elasticity and give you a more youthful appearance.
- Improved skin tone: The treatment can also help to even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of scars or blemishes.
- Reduced wrinkles: Profhilo can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in your skin.
In clinical trials, Profhilo was shown to be effective for those whose wrinkles were pliable under touch or who could feel a pinch when their skin was pinched up. Profhilo decreases “severe glabellar lines” (frown lines). The injection procedure can be performed in a doctor’s office and takes less than 20 minutes. Two milliliters of the filler is injected into each area of treatment using one to five needle tracks at depths between 1mm-2.5mm.
Does Profhilo Change Face Shape? What does it do to the Face?
Profhilo works by increasing skin thickness which increases volume and lifts droops, sags, and folds. Because Profhilo is made of non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA), the human body’s own natural substance, it does not cause an overreaction by the immune system.
The increased production of collagen continues for several months after treatment. That said, Profhilo is not a “facial sculpting” treatment and will not change the shape of your face. It is designed to improve the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles and lines. Ideally, it would be recommended for you if;
- You have moderate to severe forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet: These are all caused by the repeated movement of the muscles in your face.
- You have pliable skin: The filler is injected into areas where the skin can be pinched up and will stay in place.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can affect the results of Profhilo treatment.
- You are over 18 years old: Treatment with Profhilo is not recommended for those under 18.
- You are in good health: Profhilo is not a treatment for medical conditions such as skin cancer, psoriasis, or rosacea.
How long does Profhilo Last?
The manufacturer of Profhilo recommends a follow-up treatment after 12 months to maintain the results. Continued production of collagen by the body means that the effects of the treatment should last up to 18 months. However, there is no “one size fits all” answer to this question, as everyone’s body will respond differently. Speak to your doctor about what to expect in terms of results and how long they should last. Typical questions you may want to ask in this case include;
- How many treatments are required? Depending on the severity of your wrinkles, you may need multiple treatments.
- What is the cost of treatment? Costs may vary depending on your location. Speak to your doctor for an accurate estimate.
- How do I prepare for Profhilo? There are a few things your doctor may want you to avoid or do when preparing for Profhilo in Singapore. It is important that you get them right.
Is the Treatment painful? What are the side Effects of Profhilo?
Profhilo injections are administered using a fine needle, ensuring minimal discomfort. Common side effects of Profhilo include;
- Swelling at the points of injection: You may notice some swelling immediately after the treatment. This is normal and should subside on its own within a few days.
- Bruising: You may also experience some bruising around the injection site. This is also normal and will fade over time.
- Redness: Some redness is common after treatment and should fade within a few days.
- Itching: A small number of people may experience itching after treatment. This can be treated with a cold compress or antihistamine if necessary.
- Temporary numbness: You may experience some temporary numbness around the injection site. This is also normal and should go away within a few days.
Can I combine Profhilo with other Treatments such as Botox or Fillers?
There is no evidence that Profhilo should not be combined with another treatment. As long as your doctor is qualified, experienced, and trained in handling pharmaceuticals like Profhilo, it can be used with other treatments such as Botox or other dermal fillers.
If you wish to combine the treatments, you may wish to know how long the results will last after combining treatments. Again, this depends on what results you are trying to achieve and how long they would last if you were treated with one product alone. Your doctor should be able to give you a better idea of what to expect in this case.
Do I need a Follow-up Appointment? What does it entail?
A follow-up appointment will be scheduled after your treatment for Profhilo in Singapore. During the follow-up appointment, your doctor will inspect the injection site to check that everything is healing as expected and answer any questions you may have about the treatment.
In some cases, a small amount of hyaluronidase may be injected into the affected area if there has been an adverse reaction or if you feel that the results are not what you expected. Your doctor should discuss with you beforehand whether this might be necessary in your case. In other cases, it might simply involve administering more of the product into specific areas of concern until you achieve a desired aesthetic result.
Can Profhilo be used on all areas of the Face?
Another typical concern you may have when contemplating Profhilo in Singapore is; can it be used anywhere on the face? If that’s what’s bothering you then, yes; it can be used but you should speak to your doctor about what to expect in this case. Areas where sufficient collagen is produced naturally or using other products may not respond well to treatment with Profhilo.
Your doctor will even out your skin tone and reduce wrinkles if necessary prior to administering the injection. Keep in mind that the cost varies depending on your location, so it’s best to get an accurate estimate beforehand.
Profhilo injections offer a non-surgical solution for moderate to severe wrinkles and lines through reducing facial contractions which cause these signs of aging. It works by increasing collagen production in the skin, giving greater volume, and lifting droops, sags, and folds. We recommend that you discuss your options with a qualified doctor to determine what will be best for you. For more information on Profhilo in Singapore, contact us now to book an appointment. Call: +65 8879 7887.
The Artisan Clinic @ Paragon: PicoSure Laser | Hair Growth | Female Hair Loss Treatment
290 Orchard Rd, #07-01 The Paragon, Singapore 238859
+65 8879 7887