The year is 2020, and the world has had enough of gender norms and societal pressure. There are women out there who want to have kids and start a family, but they are not ready to get married. There can be various reasons for not willing to get married, such as; not finding the right partner, being self-independent and not willing to deal with the whole sharing a life together scene, or they might just be polyamorous and not believe in the institution of marriage. Whatever the reason might be, a single woman can easily choose to have a kid all by herself. The decision is a perfectly normal one, and society should empower single women instead of pulling them down. This article will guide you through the process of taking care of the baby for the first few months of delivery.
People need People: You are single but not lonely, and yes, there’s always a difference. Surround yourself with people who have your best interest in their hearts. Let people pour positive vibes all over as you definitely need them to be around.
- Make a list of friends and family who can be there for you physically when you need them.
- Take someone with you to the hospital at the time of delivery. The safety of the baby is your highest priority.
- Join support groups that volunteer help for people in need. Pre-plan a comfortable schedule for a few months so that you are allowed to provide the love and care your baby requires.
- Consider hiring professional help who are expert in managing tough situations. Depending on where you live, their prices may vary. You can pay them by hours or by days, weekly.
- Have all the emergency numbers ready. The child specialists and food delivery guys are going to be on your daily call lists.
Hoarding Supplies: Figure out the stuff that you require on a daily basis, and simply purchase a large number of such things. There are so many things to consider when it comes to parenting. Are you going to breastfeed your child, or will you be only feeding his food solutions? These things will reflect on your purchase of items.
- Crib: Various designs are available online that you may browse through. Purchase a sturdy crib and place it next to your bed. Cribs usually come with their own installation manual, and it is pretty easy to fix one all by oneself.
- Baby-seats: Being a single mother, you will need to commute from one place to another with your child. Consider purchasing an evenflo tribute lx convertible car seat that is perfect for your baby. The product is easy to carry and is built to ensure a child’s safety.
- Diapers and Burp clothes: There are a couple of ways to handle the diaper situation. You may use washable cotton clothes that are not only good for your babies but environmentally friendly too, or you may choose to buy regular diapers available in the market. Order different types of baby clothes online, but don’t order too many of them. Buy other stuff, such as burp clothes, toys and milk bottles.
Changing Schedules: The journey you have decided to embark upon is a brave one. You need to adjust a baby in your lifestyle. So, unless you are willing to change your work schedule a lot, things are not going to be easy. Consider working from home for at least a year and hire full-time help. No matter what you do, you are bound to make small mistakes here and there. So, let go of the guilt of not being able to provide the best for your child. No parent is ever perfect, and parenthood is a learning process.
At the end of the day, do the best that you can for your child and raise a human being in a welcoming, warm environment. The child must be blessed to have a mother who cares for them unconditionally.