Nearly 70 percent of diabetic people suffer from some kind of nerve problem, which is a very common side effect of diabetes. The symptoms of diabetic neuropathy or nerve damage due to diabetes are –
- Foot ulcer
- Tingling or numbness in the hands, legs, arms, and feet.
- Burning or pain which gets worse when at rest or duringthe night.
- Loss of feeling.
Of all these, a diabetic foot ulcer is quite painful that usually is an opening at the bottom of the person’s foot. The infection and ulcer-related problems get so bad that most of the time the patient with diabetic foot ulcers needs to be hospitalized. In worst cases, there might also be a need for foot amputation.
Get treated by a good podiatrist, Irvine
Getting the treatment done by a good podiatrist in Irvine, Orange County CA for preventing a diabetic foot wound is the best solution. Dr. SimaSoltani’s podiatrist clinic in Irvine is the best podiatrist near you. They also have clinics in Tustin, Newport Beach, Laguna Hills, Santa Ana, Mission Viejo, Orange, and the rest of Orange County, California.Dr. SimaSoltanihas an experience of over 20 years and specializes in treating patients with diabetic foot ulcers and ankle problems.
They are dedicated to improving health conditions through recommended treatments and preventive care related to foot wounds. Their podiatry clinic offers an array of services including foot surgery and treatments of diabetic foot care, wound care near Laguna Hills, bunions, hammertoes, plantar warts, and sports injuries.
Where can diabetes neuropathy attack?
- Autonomic neuropathy: affects the digestive system resulting in diarrhea, constipation, and irregular bladder function. It also affects sexual activities
- Focal neuropathy: can attack any nerve in the body causing sudden weakness
- Peripheral neuropathy: causes pain and numbness in legs, feet, arms, and hands
- Proximal neuropathy: causing weakness and pain in hips, buttocks, and thighs.
Treating and taking care of foot ulcer
Foot ulcers termed peripheral neuropathy starts with loss of feeling in the feet. You may notwalk properly that may cause foot injuries. You might develop sores in the feet that won’t heal and can be badly infected leading to amputation of your feet or legs.
Antibiotic treatment is needed if the podiatrist’s diagnosis for nerve pain symptoms Irvine shows that the foot ulcer is infected. Some of the factors for treating diabetic foot ulcers are:
- Preventing infection
- Creating no pressure in the affected area
- Removing dead tissues and skin from the affected area
- Dressing the ulcer wound
- Having good blood circulation
- Managing and monitoring blood glucose levels.
- Losing weight, if you are overweight
- Treating heart diseases
Over the years, diabetic foot care and treatment near Laguna Hills have significantly advanced. Various advanced techniques of stem cell and ulcer dressings, skin substitutes, growth factor dressings, and topical medications prescribed by your podiatrist work as a good wound strategy for foot ulcer care. Contact the most reliable podiatry clinic in Irvine, California for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers.